Since the dawn of digitalization, noticeable changes have taken place in the mobile app industry. The rise of Augmented and Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks gifted users a few outstanding applications.
The year 2016 was the year of experiments and introduction of some advanced features that set an example. How we can forget the stupefying AR game, Pokemon Go which promoted physical activity enabling mobile’s location services. And Prisma App, which amazed app users with the 33 artistic image filters that completely changed the look of the original image.
The year 2017 continued to follow those trends and increased the level of competition amongst the mobile app development companies.
Here is the list of those competitive trends
1. Designing of Accelerated Mobile Pages: Google started off this project a year and a half back. The company also announced a separate indexing for mobile web pages helping in better ranking. This has pushed SEO professionals to adopt new seo strategies for mobile and increase the ranking of mobile apps.
2. Location Based Services witnessed a new look: With the introduction of mobile technology, location based apps were designed and developed especially for the transportation industry. But from past three years, location based services is used in 3 of 5 apps. The use of this service is now necessary to track the location of the user to verify its genuineness and avoid crime cases. Besides, the way this service was used in Pokemon Go- the gaming app set an example for the mobile app developers.
3. Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Stepped Forward: The invention of both these technologies has increased the demand for apps that help users tour the real world virtually. The best example of VR app is VaR’s VR Video Player. It’s an app designed to play VR player and 3D videos giving full access and support all modes. This app enables users to configure any parameter of VR player with its intuitive UI and get the immersive VR experience.
IKEA is the best example for Augmented Reality. IKEA is the furniture app implemented helping users in designing the furniture for their home or office.This app enables users to measure the approximate height and width of the sofa set, table, chair, etc… Plus, it provides a colour palette to mix and match the colour of the furniture set with the wall and the curtains.
4. Google’s New Gift Android Instant Apps: Is it? Have Android Instant Apps reduced the work of mobile app developers? It seems so. Android Instant Apps fills the gap between native and web apps by allowing users to run the required portion of an application. And, no installation required. For instance, Tasty. You may have seen the video posted on your facebook feed wherein it enables you to watch delicious recipes.
5. M-commerce taking a new shape: The days are gone when we used credit or debit cards to shop online. Nowadays potential users are inclined to Google wallet or Apple pay for getting the pleasure of shopping. This has given rise to m-commerce which is ultimately resulting in the use of technology to the fullest.
6. Official Adoption Of Artificial Intelligence into Mobile: Prisma App has set a perfect example for mobile app developers to use AI in developing apps. Artificial Intelligence can be best use in the education industry. This can be useful in teaching children various concepts easily that are difficult to understand in theory sessions.
7. Mobile Security, Top Priority For Developers: The increased cyber crime cases has compelled developers to use powerful algorithm to secure apps from these crimes. Hence, mobile app development companies are using various sort of algorithms to lock the personal information of the users and do not let third party vendors use it.
When it comes to mobile technologies, old tools and techniques are the things of the past. Clients don’t rely more on those. They want something advanced that turn their idea into a profitable business. Hence, following the above trends, mobile app development companies can create an impact on their clients and provide them the mobility solution implemented using advanced technologies and techniques.