Mobility is impacting businesses over a large extent. Apps stand as the key interface platform to interact and perform every business function and employee workflows today. Right from employee management to data management, customer management and business management, many companies are using enterprise mobile apps to transform their tasks and improve productivity. The purpose is to engage effectively with employees, customers and partners. The Global Enterprise Mobility Market is likely to touch 2.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. The surging demand for Enterprise Mobile App is currently driven by four new trends.
Instant messaging is a real-time, text-based communication similar to chat. This concept has taken over the SMS and MMS. Instant messaging started with apps like AOL Instant Messenger, years ago and has emerged into an excess of options that all work really well. This evolution has definitely kicked up a gap over the last few years. The growth in the usage of such apps has resulted in the expansion of mobile app development. Nowadays, you can find varied types of instant messaging apps in the much different domains.
Let’s go through the leading instant messaging apps from various domains:
1. Gamer’s Messaging Apps: Interacting with a group of people you may or may not know while playing games online, expands the fun of gaming and adds a social component. The two most preferred messaging apps by gamers are Discord and TeamSpeak 3.
- Discord is a new app by gamers for gamers.
- It comes with a remarkable list of features that cover everything that VoIP services offer.
- It is completely free.
- The features of Discord include in-game overlay, encryption, multiple channels, direct messaging, and smart push notification.
—> TeamSpeak 3
- TeamSpeak 3 has been at the top of the list of VoIP tools for online gaming because of its service and voice quality.
- It is available for both Android and iOS platform.
2. Social Media Messaging Apps: The IM apps are more popular than ever as they provide security, add social networking features, and fulfills the demand for texting services and free mobile calling. The most famous social media messaging apps are Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, BlackBerry Messenger(BBM), Line, WeChat and many more.
- It is one of the most popular messenger apps.
- Facebook Messenger provides features like stickers, chat heads, send & receive money, chat with bots, secret conversations, media sharing and many more.
- Whatsapp is dominating the world of social media messaging apps with its cross-platform feature.
- It is mainly designed for cell phone users to send text messages and make calls over the internet without any charges.
- It allows users to send videos & pictures instantly, sends docs, and voice notes.
- Video calling feature is also supported by Whatsapp.
3. Video Calling & Messaging Apps: It makes communication easier and personal for the users. These apps use efficient compression algorithms, together with high-speed internet connectivity and make face-to-face interaction easy for the users. The most used and popular video calling apps are Google Duo and Skype.
—> Google Duo
- The highlighting feature of Google Duo is the simplicity of the interface the brings video calling to the forefront.
- It includes a “Knock Knock” feature, which provides a live preview of the caller before you receive the call.
- Skype is a cross-platform app that has its native apps on most platforms which even includes PC.
- It allows you to make video calls to a group of up to 25 people.
4. Team Chatting Apps For Organisations: Team chat apps help in organizing team conversations about multiple topics, speed up with bots, search through your company archives to see if a question has already been answered, and integrations that bring applications into your chats. Here are the two most preferred team chat apps by the majority of the organizations.
- Slack was launched in mid-2013 by the team that built Flickr.
- It is a real-time messaging app with features like team channels, direct messages, audio & video conferencing, screen sharing, mobile integration and many more.
- ChatWork is a social networking app for businesses and organizations.
- It comes up with features such as assignment management, collaborative workspace, video conferencing, email notifications & reminders, real-time data, SSL security and many more.
- Designed by OpenXcell, Workhive is a cross-platform business messaging app.
- It helps in collaborating with teams within and outside the organizations to undertake work in an organized style.
- Workhive gives the facility to centralize all your files.
These are the different types of instant messaging apps from varied domains. The instant messaging apps are secure and personalized and enable faster mode of communication. The expansion of such apps has been noticed from last few years and this has motivated the app developers in establishing more of such apps.
Ever since mobile devices overtook computers in online usage, the world began to see how different the digital marketplace might look in the near future. Majority of the companies began to shift their focus from desktops to mobile, with some taking it a step further and producing wearable gadgets that continue to change the way we think about technology. The immense growth in the usage of wearable devices results in the increase of the mobile application that supports and connects the wearable devices with the mobile devices. The wearable applications have already become one of the trends to cause digital disruption in 2018.
Here are some of the latest trends in wearable apps, that one needs to know before developing an app for the wearable devices:
The wearable applications should add more non-visual interactive tools. For example, the wearable app developers can use vibrations and voice control as their input source.
These apps provide wonderful features to the users. Once such example is the smartwatch that can be used to draft emails, messages and so much more just by voice commands. The vibration in your wearable devices will guide you for the right turns while you are driving. The gigantic popularity of Siri amidst iPhone users speaks lengths about users’ comfort level with voice-driven apps.
- Wearables For Beacon Technology
iBeacon is the concept of the Bluetooth-based beacon by Apple and it allows the Bluetooth devices to publicize the data within the precise span. The beacons can be treated as buttons or links to the physical world around you. Beacons are used by apps to incite events and call-to-actions, by allowing the users to interact with physical or digital things, like discounts, door locks, simple notifications, or automation systems.
- Gaming Industry Wearable Apps
Wearables have benefited the gaming industry immensely. By looking at the popularity of Pokémon GO, it can be stated that the gaming apps that integrate the real world with the virtual world is going to get a huge demand in the years to come and the wearable apps will be playing their part. The increase in the gaming industry is observed at a rate of about three to five percent every year.
- Wearables & IoT
The IoT technology is being combined with the wearable devices to a great extent which results in the improvement of the safety measures in industrial sectors including mining, manufacturing, transport, and oil and gas. The wearable gadgets, such as the Apple Watch, and some other smart devices by other companies, such as Google, Samsung, Jawbone, Adidas, Fitbit, Motorola, etc., will drive the market for the IoT.
Wearable App For Healthcare Industry
The wearable devices for healthcare can track heart rate, sleeping behavior, respiration, and a lot of other things that humans exhibit that can be monitored. This information can help medical professionals to see a better picture of what is really going on when self-report may be quite unreliable, especially in cases where cause and effect are not immediately visible. Some of the examples of such products are Fitbit, FuelBand, and Vivofit.
These are the trends that can be followed while developing wearable devices app. There are many companies that have started developing such apps in the very innovative way and are taking technology to another level. One such company for wearable devices app development is OpenXcell, that has a dedicated team of developers, who builds apps for Wearable Devices and IOT.
Fundamentally, mobile user experience (UX) design, refers to the design of positive experiences during the use of mobile devices and applications running on such devices. Mobile UX design focuses strongly on discoverability and efficiency. The mobile users who are engaged with their devices at the critical moments and only for short period of time should be offered with personalized, efficient and enjoyable experience. Such experiences can make the users stay on your app for a longer period of time.
Everything gets changed and updated quickly in the mobile app universe, which keeps developers and mobile app designers on their toes. The new challenge for the designers is UX designs, though it is not the new concept, to keep it in trend needs a lot of efforts.
Here are the latest trends of mobile UX designs for the designers to look forward in 2018:
- In-App Gestures Paired With Animation
The launch of iPhone X brought up new challenges for the designers. Due to the lack of a physical button, most of the interactions with devices are now gesture-based. This made the designers pay more attention towards gestures. Now more animations are observed in most of the applications to keep the user interested and engaged with the application.
- Emotional Experiences
More emotional intelligence has integrated into the mobile experience in 2018. This year it is not all about animated effects that are shown to users at the completion of the action. The era of command string interface also used emoticons to make people understand what we feel. But the era of mobile devices has taken the use of emoticons to another level. The latest technologies have brought face recognition to provide more relevant reactions. One of such technology is Animoji by iPhone X.
- Advanced Personalization
As mobile devices travel with the users, the apps installed on the devices can use location data to provide content which might be relevant to user’s current location. For example, Starbucks app, it has already utilized this property to provide special offers for users. This apps prompts a message on user’s phone about the discount offers when the user is near any Starbucks outlet.
- Augmented Reality
It is much easier to create AR experience. There is a huge number of AR-based apps available on the market today. AR is also used for entertainment purpose. The best example of it is Pokemon Go, it was a great instance of how AR experience can be used for entertainment. Another familiar example is the filters that we use in apps like Snapchat and Instagram, apps like these provide the more engaging user experience.
- User Journey Simplification
A linear design experience is the UX concept with a specific beginning, middle, and end that will allow users to complete one action with each step. It is a good flow for users because it allows the user to estimate how much time is required to complete a task. One such example is the process of ordering cab in Uber, which gives you the track of the driver’s route.
These are the top 5 mobile UX design trends, there are various other strategies besides these that work in providing the ultimate UX experience. The mobile app designers at OpenXcell is a leading mobile app development company that provides latest and most user-friendly UX designs for the applications to make them popular amongst the users.
With the ever-growing surge of mobile applications, the development of an app has become a tough game today. It is crucial to come up with an app that gets noticed within a tremendous number of diversifying apps. Whether you are developing an Android app or an iOS app, making it a trendy one is now a must. The application development trends keep on changing, which makes app developers to be in the constant growth of awareness and well informed about all the latest trends.
Here is the list of some common development trends for iOS and Android apps in 2018:
- Cloud Computing
The mobile applications that are developed using cloud computing deliver better reliability, speed, performance, and protection. With all these benefits backing the mobile cloud computing, a constant growth is observed in the development of the mobile apps that support this functionality. It becomes easier for the apps to store data and process heavy tasks in mobile, with the use of cloud computing. The mobile apps and mobile devices can communicate in a much better way and can ensure maximum security to the users, with a secure hand on data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Wearable apps
The discrete connected wearable devices have transformed the technical market altogether. The wearable apps are more useful for accessing and managing data. This makes it easy to use the wearable devices, without involving any further complications. There are innumerable app development companies who have already started taking these features too seriously and thus are trying to come up with the advanced app using this feature. One of the reasons that have encouraged the app development industry to come up with the something advance and unique, is the positive response to the current wearable apps.
- Augmented Reality
Augmented reality has marked its beginning in the mobile apps last year. Majority of the app developers are viewing the involvement of augmented reality as a secure way for developing user-friendly and more creative apps.
Now we have two rock-solid platforms for the development of augmented reality apps for mobile devices after Apple launching ARKit and Google’s ARCore. With most marketers seeing AR as a way to provide a compelling user experience, as the result of it we will soon be seeing a lot of creative AR applications.
- Internet Of Things
IoT is the technology that has helped us to come closer to our own world. It makes use of the sensor technology for connecting the various devices in a compact manner so as to enable the automation, analysis and controlling of the device.
IoT is on a boom and that has made many app developers look for ways to successfully implement the technology in the mobile apps. A huge number of IoT devices already rely on mobile devices to syndicate data, especially in case of consumer IoT. With the immense growth in overall uses of IoT, we will see more mobile apps meant for management of these devices.
- Instant Apps
Instant apps have completely taken over the app industry and have helped the app industry to attract more users. These apps are based on the technique that the users can use and access the app before actually downloading the app. This process can help the user to actually understand if the app is useful for them or not. Some of the examples of such apps are Buzzfeed, Periscope, Viki, etc.
Development of apps has always been on the top of the trend, especially the applications with some unique and advanced features. Above are the trends that all the app development companies are aiming at for developing innovative apps for both iOS and Android in 2018.
Blogging is not about writing on different genres. It’s about building a strong connection between a writer and a reader. Earlier, a writer used to carry a pen and a notepad so that he can pen his thoughts and share it online for others to read.
Today, with the evolution in technology, these handy resources are replaced by blogging apps. Top iPhone app development companies worldwide have build commendable blogging apps that have changed the world of writers.
Brace yourself, writers… Unveiling 6 fantastic iPhone blogging apps.
- iBlogger: it is a top-rated and highly recommended app for you. Not a free app. It costs $10. It supports WordPress, Blogger, Express Engine and many more popular blogging platforms where you love to publish. Besides this, it also provides features required to write a perfect blog for the audience.
- BlogPress: It is an another paid app for you. Available in the iTunes stores at a sales price of $2.99. It provides stupefying features like uploading files, image editing, schedule publishing, tracking location, sharing on social media forms and various others. It also supports major blogging platforms making the publishing task easy.
- Adobe Express: Not a writing app. It is a mini adobe Photoshop version wherein you can create and edit the images at your fingertips. It provides a feature of uploading an image regardless of their location and extension. You can also create a collage of your choice or can opt for automatic collage creation.
- Weebly: A well-known blogging platform wherein you publish often. It’s mobile version is quite user-friendly and interactive. It provides you to customise your mobile site your own way using responsive themes. It also helps in monitoring the traction time-to-time basis along with the features to write awesome blogs.
- Blogo: It’s a blog editing tool designed for iOS 9 version and above. It provides a wide space to write blogs on the major platforms like WordPress, Medium, Blogger. Plus, it also provides the feature to share it on different social media channels or promote it through email marketing. We can conclude it by saying “One stop shop for writing amazing blogs.” It’s a freemium app. One more interesting thing about this app- it has bagged the “Apple Best App 2016”| App Store title.
- Page: Not a writing app but editing app. It enhances the blog by checking the grammar and sentence formation issues. It is a product of Ginger Software which you trust the most. You have the space to check each spelling, correct each improper sentence and make it easy to read for readers. It is a paid app costing $3.99.
Writing is not an easy task. It needs a lot of creativity in order the grab the users’ attention. The above apps are exclusively designed considering a writer’s viewpoint.
OpenXcell is one of the renowned iPhone app development companies providing unique solution for every business requirement. Wherewithal, if you have an app idea that is beneficial for writers like you, drop in your requirements at email@example.com or call us at 1-(888)-777-4269.
Marketing has a huge impact on users. However, professionals find unique ways to craft marketing strategies and influence users.
This is the mobile era, and today, approximately half of the world’s population owns a smartphone. Besides, on an average 80% of the users time is spent on apps which need internet connection.
Considering these facts, marketers adopted mobile as a primary source for marketing and built an opportunity for mobile app development companies.
You may have witnessed the craze of the popular game Pokemon Go which was developed using Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Beacon technology. The craze slowed down but these technologies left an impression on the players.
Though they are used mainly in making mobile games, they can do wonders in marketing. The proof of the above statement is Facebook’s new app update which has AR Features. Posting Live videos with real-time comments and likes. Also, “This or That” feature with Giphy Live Animated GIF is an amazing one.
Facebook crafted amazing marketing strategies using Augmented Reality to keep users engage and increase the number of users.
Prisma app soared the app store charts within a week after launch because of the new technologies that evolved the image editing phenomenon. Using Artificial Intelligence and neural technology, the app was designed with 33 artistic filters that add beauty to the original pic.
Artificial intelligence is a buzzword in marketing. It can aid marketing professionals to focus on creating a truly personal and interactive marketing strategies that increase users engagement. Chatbots, for example, help marketers resolve the queries efficiently.
It also gives time to innovate ideas and recreate the product through effective emails, campaigns and promotional activities.
Beacon Technology became popular with the adrenaline game Pokemon Go. The way the technology was used in the app amazed the users. iBeacons are used to enable the location services of the smartphones and provide relevant location search result to the users.
This new technology has magnificent benefits for marketers. It helps them to collect customers data with location. For instance, Zomato app has this technology enabled allowing marketers to collect and analyse the data which location and restaurant are searched more often.
To be precise, this technology is now used by retailers. Retailers can collect data about customers’ shopping habits that help them rethink on their marketing strategies, store location, and offers that align with what the customers are looking for. Thus, enhancing retailers’ overall experience.
The technology is evolving marketing techniques and helping marketers to innovate unique ideas to promote brand and products. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, AI and iBeacon are the popular ones which redefined digital marketing.
The one which inspired many was NHS Hospital’s AR blood donation campaign. The hospital launched AR billboard campaign that allowed participants to virtually fill the bag and get register as a blood donor. This campaign was organised majorly in London and Birmingham.
The second example is IKEA catalog app that uses image recognition technology. This app allows users to virtually place furniture at home and figure out its use.
Shaping raw ideas into a finished product is a real challenge. Just knowing the idea is not enough, it is important to dive deep into the edge of it. There are various questions that strike the team during the round table.
Ideation is the first phase and the most vital one as it helps the analysts to visualize the concept of the product and define the requirements. This, in turn, helps the designer to decide the app flow and design the prototype.
The mobile app development companies in Texas opts proactive approach to finding the appropriate solution to the business problems. During this phase, the designers, the developers, project manager, ensure to pull out as much information as possible from the client that is useful in understanding the concept.
Conceptualization is the base of the developing process as it involves long discussions and brainstorming that helps in finalizing the idea which the team needs to start working on. Laying a strong base is very important. It helps developers and designers to implement the perfect solution that meets the needs of the business.
Sitting at the round table discussing ideas, screening the existing problems and challenges, identifying the stakeholders and connecting with them embraces the idea.
The information converged is analyzed by the analyst team and the salient features of the app are then defined.
Brainstorming is a creative process that aims to perfect product idea. This involves lengthy discussions, mail chains, and various app references which is difficult to track. Therefore, in order to streamline these processes at one place, the companies use tools like JIRA, BaseCamp, Slack, etc… and connect clients. These tools are not only useful in discussion but also keeps the record of tasks done and undone.
Usually, in order to turn raw idea into a profitable one requires a lot of hard work. The analyst team along with the UI/UX designers draws a rough sketch that includes all the technical specifications for the application. Further, the team scrutinizes each and every use-case defined while planning the application design.
However, the foundation should be strong only then the implementation will show the anticipated outcome.
Discussing on idea is a repetitive task. New things keep on hitting until the completion of the development process which needs to managed and sorted out. Hence, consultative approach becomes a must.
Various app development companies in Texas follow this step-by-step approach helping startups, and businesses to overcome their challenges and increase their productivity 2X without much ado.
iPhone app development is enhanced using the easy-breezy programming language, Swift. You may be surprised reading that 2048 game, WordPress iOS or FireFox iOS browser, all these applications are developed using Swift and not Objective C.
Gradually, Objective-C is losing its shine. The lengthy lines of code, manual memory management, the use of pointers and headers. And, one more thing, the use of semicolon at the end of each statement which made the life of app developers hell, are the things of the past. Seriously, it did not let the developers sleep for days or months if missed.
Swift is glowing. It has simplified manual memory management with automated reference counting. Meaning, the memory of defined variable will be automatically managed. Further, it has come up with a new syntax, Dot notation syntax which structures the code and makes it easy to read.
Swift is not that old as Objective-C. It was introduced in the year 2014 but the features it offers to the developers has made it rank in the top 10 list of programming languages.
Source: TIOBE Index
Today, 9 out of 10 applications are developed using Swift. Only a few clients who already have objective C as the codebase stick to it because it becomes expensive to rewrite the entire application code.
The reason for this shift is simple. Swift is,
- Open Source
- Easy to read, iterate and inspect
- Not iOS oriented
- Less bug prone
- Easy compiling
- Less coding required
- Type-safe language
iPhone app developers are falling in love with Swift and why they should not. It has indeed reduced a hell lot of pains and helped them to structure the code base. Using this effortless programming language, developers can create apps for macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS and Linux. On the other hand, Google is also thinking to use Swift for developing Android applications.
It would be illogical if we write on any technology without first using it. We, at OpenXcell- the leading mobile app development company use Swift to develop iPhone apps and our clients are impressed with the work we delivered.
Below is the list of a few apps we developed;
Leader You: It is a game app that empowers individuals to develop their leadership skills on their own time—wherever they need help or wants to develop their skills.
Tenderfoot: The app falls under travel domain. It enhances your travel experience with a couple of things. 1. Check in to your hostel to access their digital suite of services. 2. Socialise and meet new people via a communication platform.
Organiseme: It is a task list/todo list app that helps you get things done – in both your private and professional lives. Its Google-style design and integration with the Google G suite – makes it perfect for Google users.
EngageMobilize: The app falls under productivity domain. It delivers quantifiable efficiency, transparency, real-time analytics and improved safety compliance for service contractors. Further, it also streamlines the process of ordering, managing and accounting for services and assets on your work site.
BigandStrong: The app falls under health and fitness domain. This app is specially designed for those who believe in stay fit and stay healthy concept. It contains the complete health program description followed by training sessions.
Since the dawn of digitalization, noticeable changes have taken place in the mobile app industry. The rise of Augmented and Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks gifted users a few outstanding applications.
The year 2016 was the year of experiments and introduction of some advanced features that set an example. How we can forget the stupefying AR game, Pokemon Go which promoted physical activity enabling mobile’s location services. And Prisma App, which amazed app users with the 33 artistic image filters that completely changed the look of the original image.
The year 2017 continued to follow those trends and increased the level of competition amongst the mobile app development companies.
Here is the list of those competitive trends
1. Designing of Accelerated Mobile Pages: Google started off this project a year and a half back. The company also announced a separate indexing for mobile web pages helping in better ranking. This has pushed SEO professionals to adopt new seo strategies for mobile and increase the ranking of mobile apps.
2. Location Based Services witnessed a new look: With the introduction of mobile technology, location based apps were designed and developed especially for the transportation industry. But from past three years, location based services is used in 3 of 5 apps. The use of this service is now necessary to track the location of the user to verify its genuineness and avoid crime cases. Besides, the way this service was used in Pokemon Go- the gaming app set an example for the mobile app developers.
3. Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Stepped Forward: The invention of both these technologies has increased the demand for apps that help users tour the real world virtually. The best example of VR app is VaR’s VR Video Player. It’s an app designed to play VR player and 3D videos giving full access and support all modes. This app enables users to configure any parameter of VR player with its intuitive UI and get the immersive VR experience.
IKEA is the best example for Augmented Reality. IKEA is the furniture app implemented helping users in designing the furniture for their home or office.This app enables users to measure the approximate height and width of the sofa set, table, chair, etc… Plus, it provides a colour palette to mix and match the colour of the furniture set with the wall and the curtains.
4. Google’s New Gift Android Instant Apps: Is it? Have Android Instant Apps reduced the work of mobile app developers? It seems so. Android Instant Apps fills the gap between native and web apps by allowing users to run the required portion of an application. And, no installation required. For instance, Tasty. You may have seen the video posted on your facebook feed wherein it enables you to watch delicious recipes.
5. M-commerce taking a new shape: The days are gone when we used credit or debit cards to shop online. Nowadays potential users are inclined to Google wallet or Apple pay for getting the pleasure of shopping. This has given rise to m-commerce which is ultimately resulting in the use of technology to the fullest.
6. Official Adoption Of Artificial Intelligence into Mobile: Prisma App has set a perfect example for mobile app developers to use AI in developing apps. Artificial Intelligence can be best use in the education industry. This can be useful in teaching children various concepts easily that are difficult to understand in theory sessions.
7. Mobile Security, Top Priority For Developers: The increased cyber crime cases has compelled developers to use powerful algorithm to secure apps from these crimes. Hence, mobile app development companies are using various sort of algorithms to lock the personal information of the users and do not let third party vendors use it.
When it comes to mobile technologies, old tools and techniques are the things of the past. Clients don’t rely more on those. They want something advanced that turn their idea into a profitable business. Hence, following the above trends, mobile app development companies can create an impact on their clients and provide them the mobility solution implemented using advanced technologies and techniques.