Let me begin this article with a very generic line. Everything you come across in life always teaches you something, you only need to perceive it. Games can be a great learning tool too. Many full-fledged games have been based on history. Events have been recreated. What began as a concept turned into a major trend in the world of gaming apps. Mobile app developers have banked massively on this entire trend.
Though these games don’t 100% portray the related historical events, but their backdrop, story line and characters have a huge resemblance to serve the purpose. The adrenaline rush that arises from the experience of living the character has what made a majority of such games successful. And not-to-be-forgotten, the graphic designing represents as a backbone for the most important credentials. The sequences of events appear real-like and the life-like characters keep the gamer glued.
Let us take a look at certain console games which set this trend.
– Call of Duty, World of Tanks and Medal of Honour – Have accurate descriptions and situations relevant to World War II. They even have event wise precision of dates.
– GSC World Game: Stalker – Gives a close experience of Russian Chernobyl events.
– Return to Castle Wolfenstein – Briefs us about technological beginnings in the world of biotech, engineering and nuclear advancements.
– Europa Universalis – A detailed account of East European history with a gist of Western European phase.
– Victoria and Hearts of Iron – A close portrayal of people in the medieval and Victorian era through their characters.
– Apotheon – It has a nearly factual description of events depicting the Greek battles and Athenian warfare accounting to the famous Greek mythology.
– The entire Civilization series: Brief account of the development of society and colony formations.
Well, it is difficult to bring him such impeccable graphics for mobile gaming apps. But with the doors being opened to the AR/VR formats, mobile app developers have tremendous potential to bank on. The opportunities for creating something exceptional are umpteen. Moreover, the availability of hybrid developments and cross-platforms, the scope for encouragement is huge.
Currently, in the VR segment, a lot of adventure games have made a mark. A twist in the story and adding more characters to the development of a game will surely make it successful. A lot is yet to be done.
70% of VR gear users belong to the age bracket of 18 to 29. And the good news, 63% the gamers of the ones mentioned above belong to the 18-28 category. Hence, a blend of the technology brews a high probability for a rising new VR trend.
Good luck, mobile gaming app developers.
Hope you are reading this.